Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Orange Brick Stitch Earrings

I just finished the beaded part of a pair of orange and blue earrings done in brick stitch. This is about the 6th earring I've made and the first pair that came out okay. It's so easy to get little glitches...too much thread showing here, a strand that just doesn't lay right over there. But I think those problems will smooth out with more practice. Now to glue the knots and weave the excess thread in. Then add the hooks. I think I'm going to stick with the sterling silver ear wires. My ears aren't happy when I use the other kind. They get itchy and irritated.

No comments: